"Thanks to my physio I am now a lot stronger and fitter"

About: Community Health Services / Community physiotherapy

I twisted my lower back after stepping down onto a toy and was in a lot of pain it was affecting my everyday life and my GP told me I needed Physio.

I attended physiotherapy at Newton Community Hospital. My physiotherapist Ross Mitchell immediately put me at ease and I felt very comfortable with him. He was very professional but also caring, listened carefully asked questions and took a genuine interest in my back pain. From the very beginning he had a positive plan to get me better.

My PT used some manipulation on my lower back and pelvis which helped a lot with the pain but at each appointment he worked with me on my posture and with exercises to improve my core/back strength, I still do these exercises everyday.

As I got stronger and my back pain was reducing Ross encouraged me to start a Pilates class and combined with the Physio exercises I am now a lot stronger and fitter than I have been for a long time I have lost over a stone in weight and I am virtually pain free in my lower back.

I can't thank Ross enough for all his help advice and support I have had such a positive experience I wanted to share my story.

Many thanks to the MCAS bookings team who have always been very helpful and friendly helping to fit in my appointments around work/kids etc. Thankyou! ! !

Response from Kelly Owen, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust

Dear Nikkinoodle,

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience when accessing our service. We are delighted to hear such positive comments and the staff concerned will be greatly encouraged by your feedback.

With kind regards,

• nikkinoodle thinks this response is helpful