"Hospital experience over the past 3 years"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Accident and emergency Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Respiratory medicine Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Thoracic surgery Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust / Community TB Service (TB Nurse)

My experience started in 2010 with the removal of a neuroendocrine tumour from my lung. Unfortunately my oesophagus was nicked during the procedure and I spent the next 10 months as an in patient and then under the care of the community team, followed by more major surgery and a slow recovery.

Just started to feel I was getting back to my old self when a couple of weeks ago I fell down a couple of stairs and broke my ankle requiring another hospital stay! I am currently resting with my leg in a cast.

We are sorry that you have had such a long period of ill-health following your original procedure and hope you will make a good recovery following your more recent fall.