"extremely efficient staff at James Paget"

About: East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust James Paget University Hospital / Cardiology

I had a pain in my back, phoned the emergency helpline on a Saturday morning and was told to sit down and try to relax as the operator who had been joined on line by a paramedic thought I may be having a heart attack.

The paramedic arrived about five minutes later to be followed very quickly by an emergency ambulance team.

I was rushed to the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital where a stent was fitted to stop the problem. All the staff in the emergency cardiac unit treated me in a very friendly but professional manner. I was sent home on the Monday evening after extensive follow up tests by a hospital car. Without the extremely efficient staff from start to finish I am sure that I would not be sending this now.

Response from East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Thank you for your kind comments about the East of England Ambulance Service. We would like to pass these comments onto the crew and, if you are happy with this, I would be grateful if you could contact the Patient Services Department on 0800 028 3382 or by emailing eoeasnt.complaints@nhs.net so that we can gather some further information from you to locate the crew involved.

I hope you are now making a full recovery.

Kind regards,