"staffing"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

A&E 22/7/2013 19:00, good level of assessment staff, lack of doctors too progress treatment, left waiting on trolley for nearly 4 hours

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals Trust

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience. It is such feedback that helps us to make improvements.

I was interested to read your comments regarding numbers of doctors on shift. We have, in the last year, recruited more doctors (and advanced nurse practitioners) in our Emergency Department to meet the demand on our services.

My colleagues work extremely hard to ensure patients are seen as quickly as possible. The vast majority of patients will see a Dr or equivalent decision maker within 2 hours and will be admitted or discharged within 4 hours. Between April and June, I can report that the Trust exceeded the national requirement and continues to do so month on month, meaning on the whole our emergency patients are receiving timely care. We of course accept we can always do better and our performance shoes we are making continuous improvement in this important area. If you would like to discuss your concerns further based on your personal experience in our department, please don’t hesitate contact me on 0115 924 9924 ext 63700 or via email to lucy.thow@nuh.nhs.uk.

Lucy Thow - Ward Manager, Emergency Department