"a and e"

About: Northern General Hospital

on the 19th july I brought my daughter to a and e at appox 10pm with burns to her chest she was in a great deal of pain and her skin was peeling off, she was seen after half an hour and given 2 pain killers, my husband asked if she could have a ice pack or anything and was told to go outside it might be cooler there and she would be seen asap,after another 1 hour I asked how much longer the lady on the desk said i'm sorry i thought she would have been seen straight away there is still 6 people before her, she was not treated for an other 1 and an half hours, i understand that it was very busy and no one wants to wait but i thought that burns and open flesh needed treating asap to cut down the chances of infection, it was very distressing for us

Response from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Northern General Hospital

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your daughter's recent attendance at A&E and I am sorry it was a very distressing time for you. If your daughter would like us to investigate the delay and respond back to her, please do contact the Patient Services Team on 0114 2712400 and pst@sth.nhs.uk and they will take further details.