"Diagnosis of Odema"

About: Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust Royal Blackburn Hospital / Dermatology Royal Blackburn Hospital / Urology

I had severe swelling of the scrotum and was referred to Royal Blackburn Hospital and had some difficulty finding what was wrong eventually I got an appointment with Dr Owen Dermatology Dept who immediately diagnosed Lymph-edema. Dr Owen organised a treatment session with the Lymph-edema team who gave me allot of information about the illness and the type of underwear socks etc to wear. They also put me on a long time low level of antibiotics along with fucibet cream. I now can manage to pass water and move better. I wish that I had been sent to the team sooner because my life was getting miserable. Thank you Dr Owen, Jan, Anne Marie and Emma

Response from Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback. I am so pleased your situation is improving and that we were able to help. We appreciate your feedback and we will ensure your comments are cascaded back to the lymphoedema team.

Jan Shepherd

Clinical Lead Tissue Viability, Vascular and Lymphoedema

Tissue Viability, Vascular and Lymphoedema Service

Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust

Response from East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your comments, we will ensure that Dr Owen and dermatology team are made aware.

Response from Darren Kenley, Communications Officer, East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you so much for taking the time to send this feedback. Lymphoedema as a condition needs more publicity as it often takes some time to be diagnosed and managed correctly. We are so pleased to hear that you are making good progress now that you are seeing the specialist team.

Dr Caroline Owen