"Brilliant staff"

About: Derriford Hospital

I have just been released from stannon ward where I have spent the best part of a long weekend being treated for a shattered wrist injury and subsequent recovery on what must have been the hottest weekend so far. There was I, laying on a freshly laundered bed, in a sparkling clean ward, with the window open blowing a gentle breeze on me and being treated like a king! all of the staff were brilliant and couldn't be faulted (not that I was looking to fault anyone) it's just that one hears rubbishing stories about the NHS from time to time and I felt compelled to write a few kind words. The Doctor was brilliant, cool, calm and reassuring, the nurses were excellent and worked so hard, I felt sorry for some of them in the heat and with a heavy, demanding workload, they never faltered, and the (some) young auxiliaries, ever helpful, nothing was too much trouble I thank you all! my Brilliant NHS!

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Warren

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experiences on Stannon Ward. It will be a real pleasure to pass on your feedback to the hardworking team and may I thank you on their behalf. Although we are all pleased to see the sunshine, it has made working conditions difficult for staff and patients alike so I am sure they will be pleased to read your posting.

Best wishes