"Excellent care!"

About: Basildon University Hospital

I've heard so many negative statements regarding your department, but it turned out completely different. We had a great experience when my wife gave birth to our little princess. We are first time parents so we are somewhat clueless if my wife is really in labor, willow ward was very helpful in giving us advises when to go to the hospital. When we arrived we were treated with utmost care and dignity. The staff were ever so kind and helpful. We would like to extend our warmest thanks to our midwife Angela Barwick and midwife student Hannah. They gave us superb care and couldn't find any fault really. It's kind of strange sometimes to leave reviews like this especially that may wife and I work in the hospital as well, but nonetheless excellent care from willow ward, delivery suite (cmu) and cedar ward.Thank you again...

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We have noticed that a number of comments posted on the NHS Choices some time ago did not receive a posted response from the Trust, for which we offer our sincere apologies.

We would like to assure you that at the time your comments were posted they were shared with the relevant departments.

Feedback from patients and/or their relatives/carers is always welcomed (negative or positive) whether it is showing appreciation for the care and treatment received or expressing concerns or offering suggestions to improve practices at the hospital.