"Very good service at Park House Podiatry when you get an appointment"

About: Specialist services / Podiatry

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Very good service of patients when you get an appointment. Find it difficult to get next appointment when phoning up month before due. My father is disabled, diabetic, couldn't get an appointment for July when due in spite of enquiring daily at our cost.

Eventually On Wednesday 5th June appointments came through but we didn't phone that day as at QMC all day. On Thursday 6th June I phoned early to be told all appointments taken. So what do we do? Hope someone cancels?

Response from Vanessa Briscoe, Divisional General Manager - Specialist Services, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for taking the time to add a comment. I am really sorry that you have had this problem. I have instructed the Head of Service to ensure more clinic appointments are available at Park House. We are reorganising the appointment system at the moment to ensure that patients will get more choice and availability.

Response from Nottinghamshire Healthcare We have made a change

As a direct response to comments received on patient opinion I am pleased to say we are currently trialling a new appointment system at Park House which will run for at least 9 months. The new system started on the 9th September ‘13 and we have received positive feedback so far.

Vanessa Briscoe