"North Ward- Irwell unit"

About: Fairfield General Hospital

Not so long back I was an inpatient at the North Ward in the Irwell unit. Whilst there I felt like no one cared, at the time I was in a bad way and you could see that I needed the help but I didn't feel like I was allowed to ask for help. I felt looked down on and not comfortable at all.

Before I got discharged me and my mother were waiting for almost three hours to be seen to. Before this, they didn't tell me that they had cancelled my review which is ridiculous as my mother had to travel a long way to attend the review, which we did not know had been cancelled. I felt so so angry and upset that they did not seem to be paying attention to anything or anyone really.

At the time I was only 18 and needed that extra support which I did not receive.

Response from Fairfield General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comments regarding your visit to Pennine Care Services at Fairfield General Hospital. If you would like the Trust to look into your concern, please could you contact the Patients Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 716 3083