"the hospital was okay when i had ..."

About: Birmingham Women's Hospital

What I liked:

the hospital was okay when i had my daughter, but now i'm pregnant again they are saying i can't have my baby there even though i live less than 5 minutes away , they said the hospital is booked even though they don't know my due date and they won't even give me a scan so they can find out, every one i have spoken to about this thinks its ridiculous. the person in the choose and book office is very unhelpful and rude, i don't know what was wrong with the system before why change it??

Response from Birmingham Women's Hospital

Birmingham Women's NHS Foundation Trust replies: We are sorry you were unable to book to have your baby with us. The Hospital has received an unprecedented number of bookings for women due to give birth in July and August this year. Unfortunately we have had to turn a few away as we have reached our capacity limits for those months and it would not be fair on all expectant mothers to treat more than we can safely cope with. The Trust delivers over 7000 babies a year and books around 600 women a month and we continually strive to provide a high quality service.