"Neck of Femur Fracture"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

Hospital clean, majority of staff helpful and kind. Overall op went well, fracture would not heal so had to be completely re-operated on recently, original screw in knee came loose and the large nail down the femur was not strong enough to support weight. All in all a better job could have been done but I guess that is down to cost and not being local perhaps. Always been in pain and never walked without a crutch, never lost the fear of falling as it didn't feel strong enough to hold me up.Sorry to write the review as I hoped for a much better outcome. Lets hope this time things will be different!!

Hello, and thank you for leaving your posting; I'm really sorry that things didnt go as well as you'd hoped - please don't apologise for telling us how it is - it is important that we know. I can promise you that cost will not have had any impact on your surgical outcome, the service and kit and all we use is in relation to what is needed for each patient......would it help to talk to someone from the team? I'm thinking it may help with explanations about what happened and why and ultimately perhaps with your confidence and thereby your recovery? If so then please get in touch with me at: jennie.negus@ulh.nhs.uk and I can get some more details and find the best person to talk to you. Again my apologies but also my thanks in sharing your experience.