"A&E and Coronary Care Stay"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

I was accommodated in A&E and CCU for 12 days in April this year. This was a learning curve as only twice previously have I been kept in hospital overnight (in 87 years). I was at all times impressed by the care and consideration shown to me. The clinical treatment was excellent - I survived and feel fine. The Consultant talked to me on 3 occasions explaining clearly what had been done and what it was proposed to do. The nursing staff were pleasant and courteous; quite prepared to listen and talk if necessary, or desirable. They worked well as a team with remarkable good humour considering the amount of work they had to cope with. I have nothing but praise and thanks for both these departments at Pilgrim Hospital.

Dear Mr. Rowland - it was lovely to read about your experience - thank you for taking the time to share it with us; feedback both good and not so good is really important to us to know how we are doing. I have passed your account onto the teams and I know they will be delighted to read it. Keep well and thank you again.