"My recent stay at Doncaster Royal Infirmary:)"

About: Doncaster Royal Infirmary

I recently had my first stay in hospital at Doncaster Royal Infirmary. At first I was seen by the out if hours GP in the A+E department, i have to say he was very short with me:( and kept telling me to be quiet! I think he must have been very busy that night but still i didn't feel very comfortable with him. He admitted me to hospital. I was then taken to the assessment ward. All I have is praise for the staff on the surgical assessment ward and ward 20 which I was taken to after my assessment. I was treated with dignity and respect and was well looked after. The doctors kept me informed with what was going to happen and what tests was needed and why. Thank you very much:) All the staff work such long hours and do such a good job throughout their long shifts. It must be hard working them but as a patient it was lovely to see familiar faces. I'm so happy we have the NHS:) Thank you very much again:)

Response from Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

DMSL

Thank you again for your praise and positive feedback on the surgical teams.

Response from Doncaster Royal Infirmary

Thank you so much for your lovely comments about our Surgical Assessment Ward and Ward 20. We are delighted that the care you received was so good and have passed on your feedback to the areas concerned. We forwarded your comments about the GP to Danum Medical Services Ltd (DMSL), who provide the out-of-hours GP service, and received a response that we are posting below on their behalf: "We are always disappointed to hear when patients have not had a positive experience with Doncaster Emergency GP Out of Hours Service and always endeavour to improve services as a result of patient feedback. In this instance, as the patient has not left their details we are unable to look into this matter further, however comments will be shared with the whole team for information and learning." Thank you again for your praise and positive feedback on the surgical teams.