"Arriva Patient Transport"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Mental Health Services for Older People – Inpatient

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I was brought to the cognitive stimulation therapy group. I was picked up very early and arrived at the group at 9am, it doesn't start until 10. 30am.

On arrival I was very tearful and angry, the driver had not known where to bring me and expected me to know ( I've got memory problems).

On talking to staff I feel the transport is getting worse and I don't want to come to the group any more.

On behalf of Mental Health Services for Older People I want to say how sorry I was to read your posting.

I have spoken to the service and they are going to look into it for you as they need to speak to Arriva Transport and find out why the driver wasn't given the right information to get you to the group at the correct time.

He should have been given the address and it was unfair to expect you to know where it was.

I'm sorry you were so upset and I want to reassure you that we will do our very best to find out what went wrong.

I am so sorry your don't want to come to the group anymore but if we can sort out the problems I hope you would consider coming again?

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience, we value any comments that can help us improve services.

Best Wishes

Jane

Response from Phil Blatherwick, CPN, Broxtowe CMHT MHSOP, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I am very sorry that the problems that our service is having with transport has spoilt your experience of attending CST with us. We try very hard to make everyone's experience at the day unit as stress free and enjoyable as we can. Unfortunately transport is something that we struggle to control. Arriva were given the correct time and place to take you. We have complained to Arriva and they stated that they would speak with the driver in question. This problem has not occurred since. I hope that this hasn't put you off attending in future.

Best wishes

Response from Paul Carruthers, Day Hospital Manager, St Francis Day Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for reporting your experience and I am sorry to hear the transport provided to take you to the CST group dropped you off too early. I am aware the Day Service staff notified Arriva of your concerns at the time but as an additional measure I have asked one of the Day Unit Managers to attend a regular Patient Transport Services Meeting to ensure Managers from Arriva / Ambuline are notified of such difficulties and can then work towards finding long term solutions to avoid such incidents occuring again.

Best Wishes