"Unable to contact outpatients"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

My son attends the eye clinic every 3 months. On the day of his last appointment he was unwell with sickness so unable to attend i tried numerous times to contact outpatients to inform them and the phone just rang out. I have now recieved a new appointment which is when we are on holiday. I have been calling the number on the letter daily for over 3 weeks, on numerous occasions and at different times of the day to rearrange the appointments. The phone just rings out. I find it so frustrating i understand they are busy but you always see posters in hospitals saying about missed appointments but if you can not contact them what are you supposed to do?

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your attempts to contact the Ophthalmology department at University Hospital of North Durham. I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience on this occasion. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you. If you feel this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Experience Team on 0800 7835774. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is patient.experience@cddft.nhs.uk Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: - Patient Experience Team Darlington Memorial Hospital Hollyhurst Road Darlington County Durham DL3 6HX If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774