About: Wansbeck Hospital

To be told by a consultant to go home, look on the Internet and work it out for myself is hardly what I expect.

Response from Wansbeck Hospital

Dear Sir /Madam, Many thanks for sharing this with us. I am sorry that we have failed to provide you with the information that you needed. I have to admit I was very surprised and disappointed to read your comments. The care you describe is not what we'd expect any of our patients to receive either. Unfortunately as your post is anonymous I have no further information to act upon or respond to in the way I would like. Please do get in touch with me directly : annie.laverty@nhct.nhs.uk . We are an organisation who has invested in an extensive programme of receiving patient feedback. This enables us to listen to the views of around 30,000 patients every year. The feedback we usually receive about this outpatient service is very positive, and whilst I accept this is far from true in your case, you will appreciate why I am anxious to find out more about what happened and which consultant you spoke to. Many thanks, Annie Laverty - Director of Patient Experience.