About: North Manchester General Hospital

I attended NMGH with a suspected impending miscarriage and when I became upset because I couldn't have a scan I was told by a midwife I was being selfish and other patients needed it more than me. After a traumatic miscarriage at home I was taken to A&E and seen by a consultant who told me everything had'gone' and I could go home. 5 months later and many, many visits to the hospital I was finally given a scan and it showed I had retained products, which resulted in an operation. I was told it was my own fault as I had ' refused' an examination from the consultant- not true. I was not offered one neither did I know the consequences of not having one. Dreadful, dreadful care. Horrible memories which sadly I will never forget.

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comments regarding your visit to the Maternity department at North Manchester General Hospital. Firstly please accept our condolence for your loss. If you wish us to investigate your concerns, please contact the Patient Advice and liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897. We will also forward your comment to the department manager.