"When I was referred, at no time was TRAQS mentioned at all"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

Your letter states that messages will not be left on a non personalised answer machine message - but I had one left on our household's answer machine which is the standard unpersonalised virgin type!

When I was referred, at no time was TRAQS mentioned at all - I presumed I would be contacted directly by the hospital.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for your comments.

I am concerned to read that TRAQS may have left an inappropriate message in response to your answering machine reception message. This is not our recognised practice and when we are unable to speak directly to the patient we leave a simple message introducng ourselves requesting for our call to be returned on a given number. Patient confidentiality is always at the forefront and for this reason we never leave the name of the person we are wanting to contact in a message.

On your second point, please accept my apologises that you were not informed by your GP that your referral would be sent and managed by TRAQS. There is a TRAQS patient leaflet which is issued to all GP Practices/GPs. Each patient referred to TRAQS by their GP should be given one of these yellow leaflets. The leaflet explains the service, the steps in the process and contains contact telephone numbers in TRAQS should you wish to discuss your appointment.

I hope this information is helpful and may improve your view of the TRAQS service.