"Could not be more relieved and pleased..."

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital

Im terribly anxious in hospital, and I was tearful on the day. I was having a colonoscopy under general anaesthetic. I was given all the info I needed prior, and on the day of the procedure both the Anaesthetist and Surgeon both sat with me and talked candidly about the risks, what I could expect to happen, and what they were expecting to find. Then another nurse and an assistant to the anaesthetist came and asked me if all my questions were answered, which they were. They then talked me and my husband through all the pragmatics, like where my personal possesions would be found, and how long my hubby would likely be waiting for me etc etc. At this hospital, the staff are so thorough and so respectful. You are really treated like a human being whom they are happy to care for and help. I am so grateful for the care I received.

Response from Royal Sussex County Hospital

I was so pleased to learn of your very positive experience in our hospital. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. It is with great pleasure that I have passed these on to the staff involved.