"Reassuring and kind staff in MAAU "

About: Tameside General Hospital / General medicine

My dad was admitted to Tameside Hospital on Friday at around 8. 30pm. I stayed with my dad through the night. I would like to say a big thank you to the staff nurse on duty who was so kind and to my dad and myself. Also thank you to a male care assistant who attended my dad several times. The way he spoke to my dad was lovely, reassuring and kind. He treated dad with respect and ensured his dignity. Both of these members of staff worked incredibly hard throughout the night. Thank you.

Response from John Goodenough, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Our aim is to consistently provide caring, compassionate care for all the patients who use Tameside Hospital. Thank you for taking the time to provide an example of this, which we will pass onto the team.

Kind regards,

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

‘’Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at

john.goodenough@tgh.nhs.uk