"Praise for Lincoln County Hospital staff "

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Older people's healthcare

My 87 year old mother was taken ill in Lincoln whilst on holiday there. She was sent to Lincoln County Hospital on 22/5/13 and died in the Emergency Assessment Unit 5 days later.

The extended family - 14 of us - were with her at the hospital. The consultant diagnosed her condition as haemochromatosis. When my mother would no longer take food or medication and fluids were being retained in her body due to kidney failure, the doctor explained to us very clearly and in detail the Liverpool Care Pathway and asked us if we wanted her to be put on that to allow her to die peacefully and with dignity.

The nursing staff in the unit were superb - caring and considerate and providing detailed information to us all times. They arranged tea, coffee, food and sleeping arrangements for us so that someone could be with her at all times in her last few days. I cannot praise them highly enough.

Dear BDL - thank you so much for leaving your feedback & especially to think about doing so at such a difficult time; please accept our condolences. I am pleased to hear that your mum particularly of course, but also all of you as a family received such good care - I have passed your story onto the team and I know they will be comforted to read it too. Thank you again.