"Just want to thank the hospital regarding my dads..."

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

My dad went for his hernia op back in June, he had suffered from it for a few months and in the end it got unbearable. I went up to the hospital with him and my mum, Dad was a bit nervous because he has never had anything done like this before. The doctor who was going to do it prepared my dad for what was to come and explained things a lot more clearly which put him at ease. We did however have to wait well over the allocated time which I believe was a problem with paper work but in the time we was waiting my dad was looked after very well by the nurses and was kept up to date with what was going on. As dad went in I was with my mum sitting there for a little while wishing dad well and hoping he'd be alright. A male nurse had a chat with us and seemed to make us feel at ease telling us his awful jokes etc, and when dad came back he was around and did the same making my dad smile :) I never got to thank this nurse properly but he made what was a bit of a worrying time a bit more pleasurable, hospitals need more happy go lucky people like this person as sometimes it can get depressing. The other nurses that came to see dad were also very nice and made sure he was comfortable and got him a hot meal and a drink afterwards. I want to thank the staff for taking care of my dad that day and especially to the male nurse who cracked some jokes and made us all feel better. All in all the day was positive and dad is now feeling a lot better in himself, he has healed very well and is making steady progress whilst also being careful. Im so glad he is not in any pain no more! Thank you guys! brilliant job!

Thank you so much for letting us know about your father's experience - so glad that all went well for his surgery. We are very proud of our staff who provide great care with kindness and a sense of humour. Sounds as if we were able to put your father that ease, and glad he is making a good recovery. I will let staff know.