"A referral to the GI consultant I saw last year "

About: East Surrey Hospital / Gastroenterology

NOTHING! ! !

No response to my GP's faxed request for an appointment with a Gastroenterologist; still no response after a second faxed request.

I thought this hospital was the very best, but after six weeks waiting for an urgent appointment, I have been forced to go to a different hospital and must now start all over again.

Response from Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear jammy23

I'm very sorry to read about your issues with getting an appointment with our gastroenterology department. If you could email your personal details to ian.mackenzie@sash.nhs.uk I will look into this for you?

Regards

Ian

Update posted by jammy23 (the patient)

I would be interested to know what change has actually taken place as indicated on this page.

Dear Jammy23

The indicator shows that we are planning to make a change rather than we have actually made a change.

There are a number of examples of what this change might be. Having read your e-mail it could include ensuring that alternative back-ups are in place if staff are away or it could be that we need to communicate better with GPs about how to contact specific departments - both of these would be changes that would help improve services going forward.

I hope this answers your question?

regards

Update posted by jammy23 (the patient)

Hopefully this will help other patients, but it's too late for me now having been elsewhere for treatment.