"Making a complaint makes matters worse!"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

I have recently had cause to make a complaint regarding my treatment at this hospital. The complaints procedure is a nightmare! They are even unable to get the correct treatment dates. I am still no further forward after 2 months. Just been told if i want to change consultant I have to start all over again!!MP I think.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience of making a complaint regarding your care. I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with how your complaint has been handled on this occasion. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you. If you feel this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Experience Team on 0800 7835774. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is patient.experience@cddft.nhs.uk Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: - Patient Experience Team Darlington Memorial Hospital Hollyhurst Road Darlington County Durham DL3 6HX If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774