"treatment at rotherham hospital ..great"

About: Rotherham Hospital

i would like to thank roth hospital, after trying to ring my doctors then no reply, then going to a walk in centre and turned away i finally got seen at rotherham hospital, im allergic to insect bites and was in extreme pain after travelling all around rotherham by by bus when the 4 bites was on my feet and severly swollen, i got treated within 1 hour a great team not like the treeton docs or walkin centre which was abosolutly rubbish and will be reported when i cldnt seek help when it was still in surgery hours .thanksu rotherham hospital

Response from The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Susan,

With best wishes,

Bernadette.

Response from Helen Wyatt, Manager, Patient and Public Involvement , Quality Assurance Team, Rotherham Clinical Commissioning Group

Dear Susan

I'm sorry to hear that you had problems getting seen, and I'd like to help you get an answer.

I'm forwarding your comments on to both Treeton medical centre, and to the Walk in Centre, and will let our complaints manager know about these issues.

Treeton medical centre's website shows that they open between 8-6 Monday to Friday for enquiries and appointments, so there should have been someone to take your call during these times, as you called during surgery hours.

If you can let us know when this happened, it might make it easier for us to get you an answer.

I will post any responses here on the Patient Opinion site.

Thanks for taking the time to share your story

Helen

Response from Rotherham Hospital

Dear Susan, Thank you very much for your comments, we really appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were in discomfort following the insect bites but pleased that you had such a positive experience at the hospital. Your kind comments will be passed on to the staff concerned. With best wishes, Bernadette Please accept our sincere apologies for the significant delay in your receipt of our response. This response to your comment was published via the Patient Opinion website (www.patientopinion.org.uk) on 18/07/13. However, certain factors within the responses process have recently become known to us and subsequently highlighted that our response has not been received by you. Please be assured that the appropriate actions have been taken to ensure this does not happen again in future.