"Poor service"

About: University Hospital Lewisham

My step son got a broken hand with 2 fingers broken, having wait up to 5 hours, they sent him home and gave him painkiller. I wondering, if someone got broken hand should he go straight to the treatment room, to receive proper care, but what i have seen look most likely discrimination. the young boy is 5 years old and he is staying with sharp pain all night, the broken hand swollen and shows real damages. And it's not the first time, i have seen this many times and it's always when the patient belongs to minority. It's hilarious and disappointing to see this.

Response from Patient Experience Team, Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the service that you and your step son received from Lewisham Healthcare NHS Trust on this occasion. We constantly strive to provide the best service that we can to all of our patients and visitors and are always concerned if we hear that somebody has not been happy with our services. If you would like to make a formal complaint we can fully investigate the circumstances around your step son's care on that day. If you wish to do so please contact our PALS team on 020 8333 3355.

Janette Haworth

Head of Patient Experience

Lewisham Healthcare NHS Trust

Response from University Hospital Lewisham

Thank you for your comments about your experience at University Hospital Lewisham. We welcome all comments about our services. I am sorry that on this occasion you did not feel happy with the care that your son received from the doctor in A&E. I have passed your comment to the staff in A&E so that they can try to investigate your concerns. It helps us to investigate if we have the full details of any concern reported to us and these can be given to our PALS service who can be contacted on 020 8333 3355. Janette Haworth Head of Patient Experience