"Bad back for 12 months, wanted help from physio."

About: City of Coventry Health Centre / Musculoskeletal and physiotherapy

A picture by the author

Response from Julia Williams, Assistant Director - Experience & Quality, Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership Trust

Dear Cloud637,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble, to provide feedback on your experience of the Musculoskeletal Service. I am sorry to see that your experience was not a positive one, and I will contact the service and come back to you once I have gained a response.

If in the meantime, you would like to discuss your concerns in greater detail, could you contact our Customer Services Department on Tel: 02476 536804 and we would be more than happy to explore your posting in greater detail.

Best wishes

Julia

Dear Cloud637,

Further to my previous posting, I am now in a position to provide you with a response from the Service Manager:

'We are sorry you have felt moved to leave this feedback about your experience in our service. I would like to assure you it would not be the intention of any Physiotherapist to be understood as saying “the pain is in your head”. Discussions concerning pain mechanisms (I.e. how pain behaves and is perceived) can be difficult to communicate and may challenge traditional concepts of pain. If you feel it would be useful, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your situation with you. I hope you will appreciate it is not possible to comment about individual circumstances without specific details. Please contact me via our Customer Services Department on Tel: 02476 536804'.

I do hope you accept this response as an apology for any misunderstanding which may have occured, however should you wish to discuss the matter in greater detail,please contact the Customer Services Department on the telephone number above, alternatively you could also email customer.services@covwarkpt.nhs.uk.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Best wishes