"emergency department"

About: Hillingdon Hospital

I attended the emergency department on Tuesday 9th July with a fracture to my lower leg. I was treated with the utmost kindness,consideration and professionalism by all the staff that I came into contact with: nurses/doctors,radiographers,porters and the plaster technician. I was kept informed of what was happening and what I was waiting for at each step of my short journey by all the staff mentioned above. The doctor took the time to listen to any questions that I had and answered them fully in a way that I can understand. Although a healthcare professional myself I have very limited experience of bone injuries. The Sister was also mindful to ensure that I had privacy,drawing the curtains around the cubicle when attempting to use the crutches for the first time.

Response from Hillingdon Hospital

We would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience at the emergency department. It is heartening to hear that you received the level of care we strive to provide for all patients and sincerely wish you a speedy recovery. We shall ensure that the staff on duty on the 9th July receive the very positive feedback you have provided. We are proud of the staff in our department and pleased that you are left with a positive impression.