"Overall a good experience"

About: University Hospital Aintree

I came to the Elective Care Unit to have minor day surgery (wisdom teeth out) and it was my first operation. I found the hospital to be modern, clean, light and airy and I felt comfortable. The operation went without any problems and I felt that the consultant did a good job and left me with only small wounds to heal. I did have to wait for a few hours but there was a TV and magazines to keep my mind occupied. I found the doctors and consultants to be very kind and helpful. The only problem was the reception staff who did not explain anything to me on arrival, but only told me to sit and wait. I had no idea what for or how long for. They were not very friendly. Some of the nurses were a bit harsh and not caring and I was scared as it was my first time with a general anaesthetic. I also felt rushed out at the end of the day having just woken up from my first general. However, overall, I was impressed with the efficiency and professionalism of the service I received. I would prefer to come to this hospital again, rather than other local hospitals which I think are far worse.

Response from University Hospital Aintree

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thanks to the clinical team, and we're glad that you would choose Aintree again. It's certainly not uncommon to be apprehensive about a general anaesthetic and we will pass on your comments to our teams. Everyone should be doing your bit to put you at ease and ensure that your experience matches the quality of the clinical care which you received.