"Emergency caesarian: Staff were amazing and supportive"

About: Stafford Hospital / Maternity care

In April I came in to stafford maternity ward and I have to say all staff I encountered were fantastic. Unfortunately my labour wasnt quite straight forward and I ended up needing an emergency Caesarian and everyone was amazing and really supportive through a very difficult time.

I would like to say an extra special Thankyou to the HCSW Lorraine who went above and beyond for me during my two night stay. I struggled to do basic tasks shortly after my surgery and nothing was too much trouble even when she was busy. She's a lovely lady and really helped me so much and I can't begin to thank her enough. The maternity and anaesthetic team were remarkable and I would highly recommend anyone to go to stafford.

Thank you all again.

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this positive feedback about the maternity care you received at our hospital. I am delighted that you received such good care and hope that both yourself and baby are doing well. I will share your comments with the maternity staff who I know will be thrilled to receive them. Comments like yours really do make a difference to our staff particularly during these times of uncertainty.

Kind Regards