"TRAQS said I'd be contacted in 5 days, but it took 2 months."

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / General surgery

My only problem with the TRAQS referral is that the leaflet clearly states at Step 3 that I would be contacted within 5 days. However, it was more like 2 months, so I felt I had been forgotten.

However, once I was contacted everything ran smoothly, I had an appointment within 3 weeks and an operation at Princess Royal Hospital day surgery one month later.

Staff from TRAQS were very helpful and informative when they contacted me.

I can't praise the PRH day hospital enough. All of the staff were really nice and the utmost dignity was given at all times.

Many thanks.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to provide TRAQS with your feedback.

You refer to step 3 of the information leaflet and your disappointment at the apparent delay in being contacted by TRAQS. As you feedback is anonymous I'm not in a position to investigate the circumstances relating to you referral. However, I would point out that we can only contact you after the referral from your GP has been received by us - this may have been the cause of the problem. If you would like this to be investigated further please do not hesitate to contact me on 01952 580441 and I will be happy to do so.

Nevertheless I am pleased to note that you have received your treatment and that you were pleased with the service provided by TRAQS and The Princess Royal Hospital.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

I am really sorry to hear about the delay, but delighted that once that had been resolved every other aspect of your care and treatment went well. I hope that alongside these standards of treatment and care you've also had the outcomes and recovery that you were hoping for.