"My visit to A & E at Tameside General Hospital"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Accident and emergency

I injured my leg on Saturday and visited Tameside General Hospital, Ashton under Lyne on Monday. After a quick interview with a nurse I got to see Dr. Mohammed Afsa. He was friendly, reassuring and attentive and examined my injury, arranged X-rays, but ensured I quickly got back to see him, where, after a chat with his consultant, he planned my treatment.

Response from John Goodenough, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I hope you are now on the road to recovery and I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the teams.

Kind regards,

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

‘’Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at

john.goodenough@tgh.nhs.uk