"Lack of information"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

My other half was rushed in 29th June the treatment in A & E brilliant was on A 1 in no time then transferred to A 11 again he's was looked after - except every time I went they told me he had something different IE chest infect, pneumonia and finally on Friday having managed to get in and speak to a doctor it was heart failure [ which I had been told earlier on, we knew it had heart problem and I told numerous people] we were told that they were waiting for a bed on coronary care and still waiting - on Monday he was told if they couldn't get him a bed they would start treatment on A 11 - yesterday I phoned PALS to get advise on what to do and the lady I spoke to said she would find out what was happening of course when i went last a doctor had been to see hubby seems coronary didn't know anything about him and was told that if they want him they will get home I don't so ! It gets better a friend phoned on Monday spoke to main switch and was told that they had no patient anywhere in stepping with my husbands name and if she found anything to let them know. My family , friends and I and disgusted.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

I am very sorry that you felt you had such a poor experience at Stepping Hill Hospital and hope that your husband is recovering. Please contact the Patient and Customer Services to discuss these issues as I would like to understand what happened and put plans in place to reduce the likelihood of it happening again. 0161 419 5678

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not been responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams for them to reflect and learn from your experience so that improvements could be made in the services we offer.

Patient and Customer Services Manager