"So glad this facility is here - thank you!"

About: Peterborough City Hospital / Sexual health clinic

I had an undiagnosed problem, I had visited my local smaller sexual health clinic & they couldn't find out what was wrong with me, so they referred me to The Sexual Health Department at Peterborough City Hospital. I had been suffering with my symptoms for 5 months & was desperate for a diagnosis.

My experiences of the Sexual Health Dept were very positive. I saw a great doctor, Dr Cathy House. I was examined, swabs taken & blood tests done. An infection was spotted which was unable to be tested for at the smaller clinic where I live, & appropriate medication was prescribed. I'm so grateful to have this facility, I had to travel from Holbeach in Lincolnshire to attend this clinic & was very glad to be referred here. I'm now about to start my medication & am due to have a follow up appointment in 2 weeks time. So glad this facility is here, otherwise my problem might not have been diagnosed & I would probably have to have travelled much further to access a service like this. Thankyou!

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback. I will ensure the relevant staff are made aware of your comments.