"Paramedics deserve a "good service sticker""

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust Torbay Hospital / Accident and emergency

Whilst on holiday recently, I took a fall in the Fleet Walk precinct area in Torquay.

It was necessary for an ambulance to be called and I would just like to say a big thank you for the help I received by the ambulance staff, ie Dan? the first response unit and then Sarah Gerry and Terry Cain.

Sarah in particular was lovely and whilst I was in the ambulance waiting for my bp to go back down, we shared a few jokes and put the world to rights.

I believe it is just as important to praise good service as it is to complain about bad.

Can you please pass on my sincere thanks to them all. They all deserve a 'good service sticker'.

Incidentally, the waiting time and service I received at the Torquay hospital A+E was exemplary too.

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

Hi MrsP1404

Thank you for taking some time to share your story. I hope you are recovering well after your fall!

It is always really great to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to patients when they need it most. I will ensure that your comments are shared with Dan, Sarah and Terry.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to provide feedback.

Response from Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mrs P

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent visit to Torbay Hospital's A&E. We are pleased to hear about the explempary care you received, and in a timely manner. Your feedback will be shared with our staff.

Kind regards,