"Staff very cheerful, considerate and helpful"

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary / Accident and emergency Leicester Royal Infirmary / Ear, Nose and Throat

(as a parent/guardian),

Having been lucky enough to have not needed to use the services of A and E in my fifteen years in Leicester I have ad 3 different reasons to visit with my family in last 8 months. Myself with chest pains which turned out to be pleurisy, my son with a bad wrist and my daughter last week with a bad nose.

We were treated with very little wait the staff were very considerate cheerful and helpful, we were given plenty of information when we were discharged with both my daughters nose and Sons wrist - should add both accidents happened at school in case anyone is wondering what's going on. Ent clinic last Friday was very efficient and consultant was very helpful.

My experience of being in adult majors in a/e was again although at the time very frightening an example of good care - I was attended to by a bank nurse who was very friendly and a? medical assistant? I can't remember the title of the medics role but he was very attentive and I felt very safe.

With all the bad press of A / e I wanted to share my very positive experiences. Thank you

Response from Tiffany Jones, Head of Communications & Engagement, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust

Thank you Sairsunshine for your lovely comment and for taking the time to make them. We hope that you, your son and your daughter are all now recovered/recovering.