"High quality care on ward C52"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Accident and emergency Queen's Medical Centre / Trauma and orthopaedics

(as a carer),

For the last few years I have been looking after my neighbour who was 93 she recently had a fall at home and fractured her arm and was admitted to ward C52 at the QMC.

The quality of care she received was of the highest standard from all of the staff involved in her care. Unfortunately due to underlying health problems she passed away at the weekend. What I found quite exceptional was the way she was cared for with every attempt at treatment given, alongside this was the treatment I received as her next of kin with detailed explanations given by the on call medical team and the nursing staff who checked that I was ok as she entered the end of life phase.

I wanted to place on record my thanks and appreciation for the nursing staff and medical team that cared in such an exemplary way, they should rightly be proud of the work that they do and are a credit to the QMC and the NHS.

Response from Jessica Haggett, Patient Experience Officer, Communications, Nottingham University Hospitals Trust

Please accept our condolences for the loss of your neighbour. It’s lovely to hear your kind words regarding the care and compassion shown by colleagues, and we will of course ensure these words are passed on to Ward C52.