"Patients are viewed almost as part of a family - not statistics and cases"

About: Lings Bar Hospital / Inpatient nursing and rehabilitation

My first week was spent in King's Mill Hospital (the accident occurred in Mansfield). The early days were spent trying to come to terms with the situation, and the feeling of helplessness which accompanied it.

I asked about the chance of being moved to a Nottingham Hospital, and was offered a move to Lings Bar, a hospital unit of which I had never heard.

The first impressions of an idyllic location and supportive and friendly atmosphere certainly made an input. This is certainly not a "cosmetic" experience - the quality of the treatment and staff is superb. Patients are view almost as part of a family - not statistics and cases to be processed.

This atmosphere spreads through the whole hospital - allowing for the realities of hospital life, especially that of the elderly.

I wouldn't wish illness or accident upon anyone - but if that were to be the case - you won't beat this hospital.

Response from Sara Jane Ashmore, Interim General Manager for Rushcliffe, Rushcliffe Locality, County Health Partnerships

thank you so very much for your really kind feedback – we are very proud that you have felt this way about the care we provide that facility of our hospital. The staff work so hard to ensure their patients feel safe and secure in our care and your feedback really highlights we have achieved this for you.

I shall ensure that the teams all see your comments and share with their colleagues as this will make their day.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some feedback – we really appreciate it