"Day visit operation"

About: St Richard's Hospital

I broke my wrist and was recommended by the consultant to have an operation or my hand might not heal straight or with its full use. I went in at 7.30am and was looked after until my operation at 2.30 pm. Throughout this time I was chatted to by the staff and visited by an anaesthetist who explained I would have a nerve 'block' from my shoulder opposed to a full general anaesthetic. This meant that I was awake and able to chat with the staff and even view what was going on, if I so chose - which I did! I was humbled that so many professional people were involved with mending my wrist, the result of a 2 second trip on the pavement. I now have a stainless steel Y shaped plate inserted, which will enable the bones to heal correctly. I was cared for individually right through to when I was collected at 6.30. I was bowled over by the care and attention I received that day, as well as in A&E and x-ray previously, and in subsequent check-ups. Thank you St. Richards, we are so fortunate to have such expertise when we need it - may we never take you nor the NHS for granted.

Response from St Richard's Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide comments about your care at St Richard’s hospital. We aim to provide the highest standards of care every time for every patient, and we are pleased to hear that your experience matched our aspirations. We hope that you wrist is well on the mend.