"Hospital Review"

About: Hinchingbrooke Hospital

I was in extreme pain, having difficultly walking, bending etc. The doctor that saw me had a very quick look (I was in and out in minutes, not including the waiting time) and concluded that I would be fine in a few days. They only gave me pain killers after I asked for them even though after touching my sore spot I nearly jumped through the roof. I have since seen a GP through and emergency appointment. I now have a serious infection to which if the antibiotics don't start to work in a few days will require hospital treatment and possible and operation. If the doctor had done their job right in the first place I could be back at work (I'm self employed and can't afford the time off).

Response from Lisa Shacklock, Patient Experience Manager, Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust

I am very sorry to hear about the treatment you received at Hinchingbrooke, and I do hope that you made a full recovery.

We do treat all our feedback seriously, adn I am very happy for you to discuss this further with our PALS Manager, or you can contact me on the details below.

Lisa Shacklock( Patient Experience Manager) Tel: 01480 416416 Ext: 2879 Bleep: 1350 or alternatively Email: Lis.shacklock@nhs.net

Kind Regards