"Bone Marrow Biopsy: Almost pain free"

About: North Devon District Hospital / Clinical haematology

I attended the Haematology Out Patient Department at the North Devon Hospital for an ongoing assessment of my Low Grade Non Hodgkins Lymphoma.

The Consultant, Dr Hamilton was really good and suggested I had an inhalation of Nitrous Oxide, while undergoing a Bone Marrow Biopsy.

The biopsy was done (I think by his registrar) and was almost pain free, unlike my previous experience of a biopsy at a different hospital, many years ago.

I am very grateful for the attention and consideration I received from all the staff.

Dear Ilracombe resident

Firstly thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the website regarding your recent experience as an out patient with the Haematology department.

It can be a very anxious time for patients, whilst undergoing tests, and I was very pleased to lnote that your Biopsy was almost pain free, and that you were treated so considerately by staff. I have passed on your kind comments to the Haematology department manager, where I know they will be warmly recieved, as positive comments are always welcomed and can make such a difference to staff.

I do wish you well with your future treatment, and should you require support at any time please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Relations team through the Patient Advice and Liaison service (PALS) situated in the Information Centre opposite the cafe on level 2.