"Fantastic doctor"

About: Derriford Hospital

This was my 3rd trip to A&E in a month for an ongoing health condition. I was seen very quickly by a nurse who checked my BP, temp and asked some questions as to why I was there. I then saw a lovely doctor he took his time to ask me questions and listened carefully so my answers, he made me feel very comfortable andghave me pain relief. While he was treating other patients he kept coming back to check on me, the doctor then arranged an emergency out patients appointment for me in another department a few days later, he gave me his name and said that if I hadn't heard from the other department by the next day to call A&E asking for him and he would chase it up. This was my best experience in A&E and I appreciate all he did for me to make me comfortable and at ease.

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Loulou 1003

Thank you for posting your feedback on Patient Opinion regarding your recent visit to the Emergency Department at Derriford Hospital.

On behalf of the team in the ED team I would like to say a big thank you for your message. It is always pleasing to read examples where staff have gone the extra mile to put patients at ease and ensure they are kept informed throughout their admission. I know that the team will appreciate your message which I have shared with them.

Mary