"Poor understanding and follow up "

About: Barnsley Hospital

I visited this hospital to ascertain some help on a gynaecological condition . Across two visits I was seen by two different doctors with poor English and I was given no further help other than to return to my gp. My gp was baffled as he expected the specialists to advise . I have been shuttled to other various departments in a box ticking exercise to eliminate all other options or to validate my symptoms. Everytime I have visited the hospital I have had to reiterate my medical history and I am then asked what I want them to do for me?? Fix me? After a while you become stuck in a pass the parcel system without any answers and a gp who becomes frustrated also in that consultants pass the buck back to his surgery. 7 months in and 4 hospital visits later I still have no answers . However after gynaecology telling me that they cannot help me they then send me an appointment card for another consultation in two months time . Really ?? I dont think I can stand another hour long wait to be told the same again and end up back where I started. Luckily my gp has been amazing to date and far more professional and understanding than those whom are the specialists .

Response from Jill Pell, Head of Patient Experience, Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry you are unhappy with the care you have received from our Gynaecology Department. We will share you feedback with the department and if you would like us to offer help or advice could you please contact our PALS team to give your name and contact details. The PALS team can be contacted on 01226 432430 or at barnsleypals@nhs.net.

Response from Barnsley Hospital

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you were not happy with the care or service you received from our Gynaecology Department. We are keen to work with you to address your concerns and learn from this. Please contact our PALS team on 01226 432430 or email barnsleypals@nhs.net and our staff will work with you to address your concerns. Best wishes Barnsley Hospital Communications Team