"gastroentorology services"

About: North Manchester General Hospital

my appointment for a gastroscope was for 2 o clock i arrived at 1/50 patients alone were allowed in the waiting area. i had to sit there from 1/50 until 5.i5 pm before anyone even acknoweledged me after the receptionist at 1.50 p.m. then i seen a nurse who took my details and once again i had to sit in the waiting room an hour past now 6.15 eventually i had the procedure done. and eventually left at gone 7.00p.m.During this time i had nothing to eat or drink from the previous evening.I find this totally un acceptable. Next comes my follow up appointment which should have been made for two weeks from the procedure/It is now three weeks and nothing, biopsies were taken on the day of the procedure and i have had to continuosly contact my g.p. tto find the results by wednesday it will be four weeks and still no results or appointment for the clinic in the meantime i have had to endure severe pain and discomfort and worry regarding the results of these biopsies can anyone please help or advise me what needs to be done to get through on the telephone it has taken me all day and still no results.

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comments regarding your visit to the Endoscopy Unit (Gastrointestinal and Liver) at North Manchester General Hospital. If you wish to discuss your concerns you have had, please could you contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897. We will also forward your comment to the department manager.