"Parking at Wexham"

About: Wexham Park Hospital

My mother is in ward 4 and this is the second time that she has been admitted this year. The parking at Wexham adds considerably to the visitor's stress, the parking attendant is seen lounging by the barrier and not helping visitors, it takes about 20 minutes (if you are lucky) to be able to park at all. Yesterday, in desperation I parked outside on the double yellow lines together with at least 50 other cars. Well the police had a hayday and left me with a penalty notice and I guess at least did another 50 cars as well. This was on top of a highly stressful situation on the ward, the nursing staff are often fabulous but please, please do something about the parking.

Response from Wexham Park Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we are really sorry to hear of the problems that you've experienced with parking when visiting your mother. Unfortunately, outside of the hospital grounds we have no control over the penalty notices given to people, so we sadly are unable to assist with this. We do recognise that parking is a problem for both visitors and staff, and as a result we have been doing a great deal of work to try to improve the situation. We are pleased to be able to advise you that we now have a plan in place to increase the number of visitors' parking spaces by about 120 spaces. We hope that this will be implemented within the next month and we will then start to see an improvement in the situation.