"My GP said I was overreacting"

About: NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a parent/guardian),

I went to my GP about my sons foot, he kept spraining his ankle when walking and a one point it went black. His foot also turned in.

My GP said I was over reacting and my son wouldn't be a footballer! I was disgusted!

I went a week later and saw Dr Davis, who was wonderful! He explained my sons tendons were very stiff and could see straight away that he had a problem, explained what would happen and within two weeks I had a phone call to ask which hospital would like to attend.

A week later I was given an appointment to attend in September.

I love Dr Davis, he is a great GP!

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for your feedback relating to your son's recent referral.

We are, of course, unable to comment on the remarks made at the time of your son's initial examination at your GP Practice. However, I am pleased to note that subsequently Dr Davis adopted a more positive attitude and TRAQS was able to help by contacting you to offer a choice of hospitals available and to book an appointment.

I can assure that all NHS staff endeavour to ensure that patients are dealt with in a sympathetic and constructive manner.