"Recent bout of ill health and surgery"

About: Western Isles Hospital

I took ill earlier this year and was diagnosed very quickly and advised of treatment plan and surgical procedure that was required to restore me to full health as quickly as possible.

I live in the Western Isles and would like to say that from the very start I was treated with incredible respect, kindness and above all total dedication and professionalism.

The whole procedure was supported at all times and I was given excellent advice and care.

I also work within the NHS and my return to work has been like my care package, first class, with excellent support from my Manager, Occupational Health and fellow colleagues.

All in I would rate my experience as 9/10.

Response from Lillian Crichton, Patient Focus Public Involvement Development Officer, Clinical Governance, NHS Western Isles

Dear "Scarlett"

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience of your diagnosis, surgical procedure and treatment at Western Isles Hospital. It is good to hear your feedback that you felt supported throughout the whole process including your return to work. Your comments are greatly appreciated and have been passed on to the teams concerned.