"New chairs: Difficult for people with orthopaedic problems"

About: Raigmore Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I really enjoyed watching the slide show in the waiting area about the history of the Highland Hospitals. It was interesting, informative and helped the waiting time pass quickly. I also remembered working in some of the hospitals which are now closed.

I did however have a concern that the waiting area obviously had new chairs but there wasn't one which had arms or was high enough for someone with a reasonably serious orthopaedic problem.

For someone with difficulty in chair transfers, which must be the case for a number of people with orthopaedic problems, surely there should be at least one or two suitable chairs in the waiting area both for ease of transfer and comfort.

Response from Maimie Thompson, Head of Public Relations and Engagement, Chief Executive's Office, NHS Highland We have made a change

Hello B Ost

Thank you for feeding back to us about your very recent experience in Out Patients. I have passed on your very positive feed-back to Professor Leslie, who along with his dad, has done some fantastic work researching the "History of Highland Hospitals", including a book. They are also in the process of doing local versions - let me know if there is a particular part of Highland you are interested in and I can find out more.

Now in terms of the chairs I am really sorry about us not being able to provide you with a more comfortable chair. I have been across to the outpatient department this morning to see for myself and get an up date. You will be reassured to know that we now have some appropriate chairs and we have some more on order.

I am afraid when we ordered the new chairs we didn't get what we ordered. The good news though is that we will have this fully resolved very soon.

Thanks again for your helpful feed-back which is very much appreciated.