"Staff attitude on the Childrens Unit at north..."

About: North Manchester General Hospital

Whilst visiting my niece on the childrens unit on July 1st, I was disgusted by the attitude of some staff and the general 'messy' ward. The toilet i used was not very clean and the parents room was again left dirty by other parents/visitors. Staff should enforce a 'clean up after yourself' rule. One member of staff wearing blue was abrupt, and one member of staff wearing purple was clearly angry about something and made this very obvious. The comments and conversations that we overheard should clearly not have been for parents/visitors ears - let alone little ears. Being in hospital is a stressful time as it is for any family but seeing the staff miserable and angry doesnt make things any better. My husband and I run a sucessful company and would not tolerate this behaviour for any of our staff.

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comments regarding your visit to the Children’s and Adolescents at North Manchester General Hospital.. If you wish to have your concerns investigated, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service PALS on 0161 604 5897. We will also forward your comment to the department manager.